Customize your system to your liking. Note that this is an advanced tool, you'll be able to customize most aspect of your system but the specific things you can change will depend on the system you are using.
This module uses a generic implementation to allow customization of many systems, however it's not guaranteed that a specific system is setup to accept customizations.
If you want to check in advance if and how your system can be customized, do the following:
- Open the developer console in your browser (usually by pressing F12)
- Go to the
CONFIG.[SystemId]and press enter (for example
- If the system is supported, you will see a list of settings that you can customize
The settings you can customize will depend on the system you are using. Generally, most of the things availeble in the System Customizer interface will be editable, but depending on how the system has been developed some might not have any effect.
Simply head to the
Configure Settings menu, then head to the
System Customizer tab then open the
The JSON editor allows you to edit the settings of your system in a more advanced way.
To add a customization, the best way is to duplicate an existing setting and then modify it to your liking:
- Navigate the Tree View to find the setting you want to modify. For example in the D&D 5e system, you can find the
abilitieskey and expand it.
- This entry will contain a list of properties, in our example
- Duplicate one of the entries by clicking the
Actions Menubutton (a window looking icon) on the left of the entry and selecting
- Rename the duplicated key of the entry, for example
- Expand the duplicated entry and modify the properties to your liking.
- Click the
Save Changesbutton to save your changes.
- Refresh the page to see the changes.